Friday, April 4, 2008

Even On The Busiest of Days...

Missed journaling last week. Caught up in all of my to-do lists, I guess. I've got too much on my plate, but then again, so does everyone these days, right?

I've come to realize that what I really lack is the organization and sense of clear priorities that will help me navigate the chaos more successfully. (Somehow I've gotten away from my daily planner, and I have de-evolved to a "system" of post-it notes. Gotta fix that!)

I also need to admit – and be comfortable with – the fact that I'm never actually going to get it all done. As I heard Wayne Dyer say in an audio presentation, "I'm going to die with a half a tube of toothpaste in the bathroom." If I'm always waiting until everything is 100% done to relax, I'll never actually get to take a breath. So, no more killing myself so I can "afford" to take a break.

This week, I've committed to doing LESS multitasking and more focusing on the NOW. After all, as I heard on one of my audiobooks during this morning's commute to work (okay, that was the "good" kind of multitasking!): "Even on the busiest days, the cramped hours come to us in single moments." Is essence, we can only do one thing at a time, so it's foolish to try to do more.

The Tao Te Ching says, "the sage accomplishes more by doing less." I'm willing to give it a try, and enjoy more of my single moments NOW.

No comments: