Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Another busy week. I've been ratcheting up marketing activity in preparation for moving over to our new location: ordered vinyl banners for the building, printed up 2,000 new flyers, created an ad for a fall marketing campaign, and sent out a press release. I'm interviewing potential new staff members for youth and yoga programs, picking out paint colors, making build out modification plans, and calculating move-in expenses. And oh yeah, I'm still teaching classes, too!

Trying to finish up the MADDCAP education materials and keep up with my own training. Now that we've wrapped up our summer tai chi program at the dojo, I've been watching one of Bill Kipp's FAST Defense videos (great stuff, Bill!) and working on ground defense techniques, and also brushing up on stick work.

I'm still keeping a hand on the pulse of the community by writing a letter of support for the local Family Literacy Program where I gave a presentation on goal setting and time management last spring. They have an excellent program for immigrant families, and they are seeking funding for a program Coordinator and classroom instructors. It's a nice feeling to be able to help them out.

Picked up a new book called Do Less, Achieve More. I think it's exactly what the doctor ordered.

Now, if I could just find a few minutes to read it!

No comments: