Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't Just Sit There -- Do Something!

I sit here today as images from the BP oil spill come across my computer screen, and I feel absolutely powerless. I'm a "master" martial artist, a veteran self-defense "expert," and man dedicated to serving those in need with courage and compassion.

Yet still I'm feeling completely impotent about how I might serve and protect the countless animals along the Louisiana coastline that are bearing the brunt of this ecological disaster.


A quick search on Google has at least got me pointed in the right direction. Here's a link to ways you can help.

Earlier this year, members of the Emerald Necklace dojo came together and raised over $5,000 to help the victims of the Haiti earthquake. Today, I call on them again, along with anyone reading this post, to get creative about how to help with this incredible mess.

Team, let's put our heads together.

We'll be cleaning up this mess for years to come. When my children are old enough to understand the seriousness of what's happened in the Gulf, I don't want them to discover that all I did to help was sit back and watch the news.

So, please send me your ideas, and then we'll put some of them into action. Soon.

No comments: