Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ultimate Black Belt Test Journal, Jason Gould: Nature, Morning Training, and Family Time

Got in some early morning training on Saturday, January 7. Beautiful sunrise of pink, orange, and light blue. Tested out my new gloves and sported a funky hat while swinging my clubs on the back porch at 7:30 am. It was 32 degrees out that morning: chilly, but the gloves and hat were more than enough to keep me warm. The family slept while I trained. No disturbing sounds outside -- just some chirping birds, and the occasional whistle from a distant train. It was a really nice way to start the day...



On Sunday morning, Joy and I bundled up the family for a little fresh air at Callahan State Park. We enjoyed the cool air, bright sun, broad sky, open fields, and tons of friendly dogs. Temperatures were in the high 30's, but we still stopped to plop ourselves down in the brown grass for an impromptu picnic of sandwiches!

No comments: