Monday, April 20, 2009

I Guess I Could Complain, But I Won't

Just had a pretty tough and unusual week: We unexpectedly had to replace our furnace because of a gas leak. Then the dishwasher broke. Then the home phone and internet lines went out. On Friday, we had a "significant workforce reduction" at my day job, and I had to terminate members of my team. And then on Sunday, our kitchen faucet became a free-flowing waterfall.
  • Four days without heat reminded me to appreciate blankets and cuddle-time.
  • Doing dishes by hand? What an opportunity to practice mindfulness!
  • No incoming phone calls? Now that's a blessing in disguise!
  • Surviving a layoff reminded me to be thankful for my job, and to focus more on my family, my health, and my passions.
  • The broken sink was a call to appreciate all of the fresh, on-demand, drinkable water that I usually take for granted.
My cup runneth over. Coincidentally, so does my kitchen countertop.

I am truly blessed!

No comments: