Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back in the Swing of Things

A while back, I reported to my UBBT teammates that I'd somehow lost my mojo. I was exhausted, stressed out, and completely unmotivated. I was dropping weight, feeling lousy, and generally down in the dumps. I needed a break, and I took one. I dropped off the map. And now, things are different.

Maybe it's the change in the weather. Maybe it's because we're finally about to close on the house. Maybe it's because I've changed my routine at the dojo so I can spend more time with my family. Or perhaps its a combination of many factors. In any case, I like what I'm seeing:
  • I'm blogging more
  • I'm meditating daily
  • I don't feel as stressed
  • I'm sleeping a little bit better (not MORE, but better!)
  • I'm training harder
  • I'm smiling more
  • I'm getting more reading done

At the start of the year, I weighed in at 187.4 lbs. Four months into the year, I'd dropped below 180 lbs for the first time in a decade. (The bad news was, I wasn't trying to lose weight!) Today I checked in at 182.8. I'm slowly putting some muscle back on while focusing on joint mobility and flexibility.
 
 

 

I'm feeling better and better, even as the dojo enrollment continues to drop, and "staying in business" is getting trickier and trickier. Somehow, though, I'm not concerned. I'm letting go, and that feels right to me, because one of the outcomes is that I'm enjoying my time in the dojo more. I'm feeling more creative and I'm having fun teaching again.
 
Perhaps, as I approach my 40th birthday, I'm feeling a bit of an energy surge -- call it an "eye of the tiger moment," if you will. I don't care. I'm riding this wave all the way to the shore!

2 comments:

Tom Callos said...

I, for one, read your blogs!

Stacia Kelly said...

Good for you on finding your mojo again! Sometimes we just need to reset and recharge :) That's where I'm at this week, taking a break and recharging.

Go you on the blogs!!!!