Friday, September 28, 2007

The Weather's getting colder...

My Stats To Date:
Push ups: 10,300
Crunches: 10,300
Miles: 127.5
Kata Reps: 242

Man, this is tough! The numbers look imressive, but I'm actually falling a bit behind the pace on my crunches and push ups. It's not going to be any fun making those up! I really and truly don't have the time/opportunity to log as many miles as I'd like to, but the kata reps are going very well. (Getting ready for a tournament next month!)

My diet has improved quite a bit during my weekday lunches, but when Joy and I get home after a hard day's work, sit-down meals are a real challenge. With our 14-month-old, there's still laundry, bath time, story time... Who has the time and energy to cook, let alone eat!?!

I'm working on sparring with my intermediate-level students, so they're willing and able to go a few rounds with me every week. Gotta figure out a place to hang a heavy bag...

They days are getting shorter... With less and less light, it seems harder to keep up the motivation. I've powered through a few rainy mornings to do my calisthenics, and we've had a couple of chilly mornings, too. (Although this week it's been back above 90 degrees.) Winter is on its way. Kata reps in the snow...? Yeech!

No comments: