Friday, November 30, 2007

Be Grateful For Your Problems

I don't want to complain or whine in this entry (coach Tom hates that!), but it's been a tough week. Challenges at work, a minor crisis at home, several extra-long commutes, and a few unplanned expenses to boot. In all of the chaos and stress that this week introduced, my discipline broke down. I haven't done any physical training or stretching in the last 4 days, and my new habit of healthy eating has really taken a beating. I'm off my game, out of my routine, and feeling rather cranky about it all!

I did manage some quite time for meditation, though, and in a sudden insight, a little voice spoke to me and said, "Love your problems."

I'm learning that "what we resist, persists," so I'm trying to go with the flow and look for the lessons. And, I know darn well that there are many, many other MAJOR problems out there that I'm fortunate enough to NOT have to deal with. So I've been trying extra hard to smile, be kind, stay centered, and help others. Doing this takes my focus off of my petty little problems — even though they seem big right now. In fact, I believe my problems are life's way of encouraging me to grow.

Fall down seven times, get up eight. Right?

Tomorrow's another day, and the first day of a new month will be the perfect time for a fresh start.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

This post could not have come at a better time for me, I am very young and I am going through stuff that I think most people 5 years or so older than me are not experiencing, but heck tomorrow is going to be a new day and I also am trying very hard to smile and not get anyone involved in my problems.I think I am doing pretty good and I will come out of this mess with a stronger and clearer mind about life and its problems. Thanks for this awesome post.
Buying a juicer can help you lose weight.