Friday, August 7, 2009

Sweet Failure

OK, I'm pleased to report that my first attempt at a "trial by fire" using 15 lb. Clubbells was an absolute, total miserable, abject, and embarrassing FAILURE. I know I'm in pretty good shape, but the TBF attempt quickly pointed out some chinks in my armor – mostly my grip strength.

The mills started out OK, but after about 25 on each side (switching sides every 10 reps), I started to compensate for my weakening grip by moving my body and the Clubbells differently. This took the whole exercise out of flow, and it quickly became too painful to continue. The double swipes weren't so bad, but already being tired from the mills made doing more than 20 in a row impossible.

I didn't even try the hammer swings.

Sweet. No where to go but up, I guess!

Putting on my white belt – again.

No comments: