Thursday, September 24, 2009

Keeping Busy, Always More to Learn

It's been an interesting week. I've been doing even more martial arts writing, and so I've become a writer for Examiner.com. Please check out my first short article here. (You can sign up to be notified whenever I publish a new article!) I welcome your comments, feedback, and suggestions for future pieces.

I've jumped into my Anger Management Educator certification course, and I'm exploring opportunities to give MADDCAP diabetes awareness and prevention presentations at local schools.

My training has been going very well, both in the dojo (Shinkendo sword training!) and on my own with Clubbells and challenging bodyweight exercises. My diet has been improving, too, although I'm definitely not getting adequate sleep and recovery time. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

And this week, I surprised even myself this week by picking up a book that has nothing to do with the martial arts: I'm currently reading Javatrekker: Dispatches from the World of Fair Trade Coffee. Who knew that coffee and coffee production was so interconnected with politics, ecology, and global culture? Well, I didn't! Color me ignorant, I guess — But the first few pages have REALLY opened my eyes. There's always more to learn, appreciate, and grow from!

No comments: