Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some Bullet Points for the Week:

  • At the dojo tomorrow night, we'll be holding our very first Black Belt ceremony at the dojo for three of our adult students who have reached the rank of Shodan. The ceremony will consist of a brief demonstration, followed by belt and certificate presentations. I'm very much looking forward to the event!

  • Personally, I've been training hard in the mornings: While out walking the dog, I've been getting in lots of calisthenics, ab training, and weight work -- all before my first cup of coffee. I'm enjoying the solo training, and I hope to keep up the discipline when the weather turns cold.

  • I've been taking a weekly Shinkendo class with some of my students, fulfilling a long-standing goal of mine to learn more about the Japanese sword.

  • I also signed up this week to gain certification as an Anger Management Educator. I hope to offer anger management classes at the dojo and in the community, and I plan to incorporate some of the lessons about emotional awareness into our dojo curriculum.

No comments: