Friday, October 9, 2009

I Don't Need More Coffee; I Need More Sleep!

Between work and the dojo, I'm plain-old worn out this week. Caffeine no longer has any effect on me, it seems, and I could really use a nap! I'm teaching classes this weekend, but the Columbus Day holiday and some quality time with family will surely recharge my batteries.

Friday morning classes with the fourth graders at the local elementary school are going well: I'm incorporating the "Peace is More Important Than Punches" cards and some other materials into the lessons. Today, for example, I gave a 30 minute lecture on the subject of RESPECT. About 20 minutes in, one of the children piped up, "When are we going to do some karate?" My response: "Hey, you might not have known it, but we ARE doing karate!" That one got a good laugh!

Finished up my Anger Management Educator certification training this week, too. Looking for ways to incorporate that material into the curriculum! Physically, I've fallen behind on my workouts a bit, but this week, I don't think I could have fit it in with a shoe horn. I'll get back on that horse next week.

We've got a cool community service project coming up: planting daffodil bulbs in the greenspace outside the dojo.

No comments: